Okay, I have to admit, I am NOT one of those people that LOVES Summer break! Yes, I love being able to do fun things with my kiddos in the Summer but it gets really hard to plan things everyday!
I even sat sown and made a very detailed Summer schedule from when we ate breakfast, did chores, gymnastics, story time at the library, school work, lunch, nap, outside time, and some fun activities to keep us busy. Well, all it takes is a missed nap or a cranky baby to throw everything off! I even started waking up at 6 AM to go running so I could get home and get ready for the day before my kids were even up. It has helped a little but with 2 kids and a baby, I hate to say it but THEY make the schedule not ME!
I feel like last Summer was wasted away with me being tired and pregnant and I don't want this Summer to be the same!
It sucks cause it's not like it was when I was little and I could just go out and play. Now, you have to arrange a play date and it usually consists of everyone being at my house all the time. Which is fine most of the time but sometimes I just want it to be QUIET! Our neighborhood doesn't have that many kids for my kids to play with and the ones that are, live further away. And like I said in my last post, I'm too paranoid to just say "go out and play, be home for dinner!"
It really is sad that now days you can't just let your kids go out and play without worrying they'll get kidnapped or something!
Soooo, what are some things that you do during Summer break to keep busy?
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
your such a good mom! With almost every single one of your post you can tell how much you love your children and want the world for them. I hope you have a good summer..and I'm sure even those days you don't get out to do something fun your kids will still have fun just doing simple things:)
Keri you seriously are the best mom! You are always being so creative with your kids. I feel like you are never lazy and just sit at home ever! Try the park, the splash parks or just go for a walk at thanksgiving point there is a fountain that the kids love to play at. Good luck and don't hesitate to call me to play. I missed story time last time but still want to go!
Post a Comment